Tuesday, October 21, 2014

November Prayer Letter - Challenge

Can you believe it has been over a year since I started raising support to move to South Africa? It would be impossible for me to believe if the calendar didn’t state it so emphatically.  During the past year I’ve come to realize a few things about myself: first, I am even more excited than ever about teaching at North-West University (NWU) and sharing about our amazing God; second, I’m not very good at this deputation (support raising) process; and third, prayer is the key to keep from getting discouraged.  It will only be through God’s grace and provision and the support of all my friends and family that my deputation will be completed and I am sent to South Africa.  Until then, I seek to emulate Paul when he said in Philippians 4:11, “…for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.” 

Thanks to everyone who has supported me over the past year, my one-time expenses budget has been met and even surpassed, but there is still a long way to go to cover the expenses that will be ongoing during my three years in South Africa.  So far, many of my friends and family have generously committed to recurring donations covering 58% of my projected monthly budget.  My goal is to reach 75% by the end of the year.  To reach that goal will require $512 in new monthly support.  That is a huge goal for me to set down here in black and white!  Would you help me reach this goal?

If you have been thinking about supporting me regularly, now would be a great time to commit to it!  You can either start donating now, or just let me know you plan to start once I’m ready to leave for Africa.  Either way, it will count towards reaching the goal of 75%!  At www.cvmusa.org/quam you can easily sign up to give monthly or yearly and have it done automatically if, like me, you tend to get distracted by life.

Maybe I’ll take a page from the local public radio station’s fund raising book and sweeten the deal a bit J  You probably know I’ve been making and selling paracord bracelets, dog collars, and leashes to help raise support and spread the word about this great chance to reach students at NWU.  So, if you commit to monthly support of $30 or more or yearly support of $360 I’ll make you a few custom bracelets or a dog collar or leash.  You can enjoy them yourself or they will make great Christmas presents for sports fans (Seahawks’ green/navy/grey are my most popular colors) or dog lovers who would enjoy something special for their pets. For $50/month or more I’ll make a matching set of a collar and leash or a belt. Girly colors, manly colors, and sports team colors are all available!


If you are already supporting me and would enjoy a paracord collar/leash/bracelets as a thank you it would be my pleasure to send one your way.  You can see many of the options and details on my Etsy site and then just let me know what you like.


If you can help financially, thank you!  If you can’t at this point, thank you for praying and sharing the word!    Please let me know if you would like brochures or prayer cards to share with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment