Thursday, February 15, 2024

Jan - Getting Ready to Leave

Happy New Year!  I hope you had a joyous Christmas season with family and friends.  As usual, I spent my Christmas with two friends who run a local animal rescue.  We enjoyed a Christmas lunch together along with too many cookies and mince pies.  Even after 8 years though, I’ve never really gotten used to having a hot, summer Christmas.

After the nice break of the holiday season, the next three months will likely be busy as I decide what I will ship back to the US and what I will sell or give away here.  Thankfully, finding good homes for my plants won’t be difficult.  I’ve already had several people asking about them. 

Arrangements are also set for my cats who will be flying back to the US with me in late March.  I’m a bit worried about them having two long-haul flights.  Especially for Laddie, my sensitive, nervous ginger tabby.  Please pray that their flights are smooth and they travel well.

My own long-term plans will remain unsettled until March 4th, which is when I find out if I have been accepted into a residency and if so, which one.  Please pray that the Lord will orchestrate everything according to His will and that I will be sensitive to His leading.  Either way, I will be returning to Washington for at least a few months.  Hopefully I will be able to see many of you then. 

As I prepare to leave Mafikeng, there are many things lying heavy on my heart and I ask you to join me in praying for:

  • The new lecturer taking over the companion animal module that I have been teaching the past 4 years
  • Someone to step up to continue providing mentorship to the new graduate veterinarians working in the clinic
  • Someone to be called to come through CVM to replace me
  • The student house church – it is still unclear if it will continue next year

No comments:

Post a Comment