Tuesday, June 11, 2024

May - Home

 

“I like to be in America!
O.K. by me in America!
Ev'rything free in America
For a small fee in America!”

America (West Side Story) - Stephen Sondheim

We have arrived!  Both I and the boys (my two cats) arrived safely in Seattle on March 22nd and we have been settling in at my parents home. Most of my belongings, however, will only arrive in July since they have been shipped by boat.  It has been great to get together with extended family, take walks in the forest, and enjoy the Skagit Valley’s iconic Tulip Festival in April.

Laddie and Leo settling into their temporary new home

Unfortunately, I didn’t match with a dermatology residency position in March, but I am still in communication with two places about their open positions.  Both places have invited me to come visit/interview at their clinics for a week so hopefully there is still a good chance that I will be accepted to a residency this year.  In the meantime, I have started doing relief/locum shifts at various veterinary clinics in the area and that is providing a good income with a lot of flexibility.

Until I hear the final decisions on the residency positions, I will be staying with my parents in WA.  If I don’t pick up a residency, then I will find a local appartement for the year and continue in relief work.  Thank you all for your prayers for my residency search!  Please continue to pray that the Lord would open the doors he deems best and give me wisdom as I make decisions for the future.

Please also continue to pray for the Acts 29 student team in Mafikeng as they continue leading the student church on Sunday Mornings and hope to restart the Wednesday evening Bible studies. 

·       Pray for wisdom in their planning and organizing
·       Pray that they have time for prayer and preparation in their busy university schedules
·       Pray that they don’t neglect their own spiritual walk and growth
·       Pray that the Lord brings in students hungry for his Word and Truth

Saying goodbye to the Acts 29 team in March

My email address will remain the same (hislightrq@hotmail.com) so if you would like to get together for coffee or lunch over the next few months, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment