Tuesday, July 2, 2024

July 2024 - Final Prayer Letter

Greetings friends and family!  This will be my final regular prayer letter as I have now transitioned from being a full-time staff member with CVM to being an associate.  As an associate, I hope to still be involved in various CVM events as my schedule permits, but I no longer have ongoing responsibilities. 

You will likely be excited to hear that I have accepted a dermatology residency in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada and that I have already put down a deposit on a cute little flat in Langley, BC.  Although there are still a few details that have to fall into place (mainly my work permit and BC vet license), I hope to move up in early July and start the residency on July 15th.  I would really appreciate your prayers that the timing would work out and that the start date would not need to be delayed.

Thankfully, Langley is only 75 minutes or so away from my parent’s house so I will be able to visit frequently. Having a position so close to my parents is truly a blessing! Plus, it makes moving so much easier!  Most of my belonging from South Africa are still in a ship somewhere on the ocean and won’t be delivered until later this month or even as late as August. Being able to simply drive my belonging to my new home and not needing to fit everything into crates with a 50lbs weight limit sounds amazing!

Since my last letter, I have been working part-time as a relief veterinarian in several clinics around NW Washington.  Initially, I wasn’t sure how much I would enjoy changing locations all the time, but I have not found it overly stressful and I enjoy meeting new staff at each location and seeing the different ways that the clinics function.  It is also nice not having any long-term responsibilities at the clinics.  I can just come in, do my job, and leave at the end of the day.

It has also been a blessing to enjoy being home in the glorious Pacific Northwest for spring time!  The Skagit Valley, where I grew up and where my parents still live, grows huge numbers of tulips for both bloom and bulb production and has a lovely Tulip Festival in April.  It was a great opportunity to get out with my camera and capture spring in all of its glory.  The valley also grows large numbers of berries (strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries) and I have been indulging in them all fresh from the fields.  So much better than anything you get in the stores!

Thank you so much for standing alongside me on this incredible journey.  May the Lord bless you and your family with His grace and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment