Friday, February 9, 2018

Dec 2017 - Peace



Peace!  It is one of the iconic words of the Christmas season and one that represents 2017 here on the Mahikeng campus. What a blessing it is to have a full year of peace on the campus and in my life (assuming we make it through the last two weeks of exams :)  Several other universities here in South Africa have been experiencing #FeesMustFall protests again recently, but so far our campus has not been involved.  Please continue to keep this campus in your prayers, praying both for political peace and for God’s unshakable peace to grow in the hearts of His people here.

Peace also describes my spirit as I have decided to apply for a renewal visa to extend my time here for another three years.  This is where I feel I am supposed to be!  The process has already been started as I work to get official approval from the University and then I hope to apply for the renewal visa in January so that it can be processed before my current visa expires mid-April.  Please pray that the appointment letter from the University arrives quickly and without any complications and that my police clearance is likewise processed without delay.  Although I have peace about the decision, the process is definitely still stressful!

Your prayers for peace and protection would also be appreciated on behalf of the students we work with on campus.  Three of the ladies have had scares recently.  None of the students have cars so they have to walk about a mile to the grocery store on a regular basis. One was followed by a car for some distance until she ran up to a house for help and another was mugged by several men wanting her cell phone.  The third, who lives off campus, had someone try to break into her window late at night. Thankfully he was scared off.  All this coming on top of the kidnapping, rape, and murder of a woman from my church when she went to the bank, is causing fear and anxiety to grow in the hearts of the students.  Only the inexplicable peace of God can touch their hearts in the midst of these situations.

Thank you for your prayers throughout this year!  They are invaluable to me! 

I pray that you will have a blessed Christmas season celebrating with friends and family and that “the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” 


P.S. My postal address has changed.   
Postnet Suite 030, Private Bag X2230, Mahikeng South 2791, South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment