Thursday, December 9, 2021

Nov 2021 - Heading Home for Furlough

The spring term here at North-West University is winding down and exams start early next month.  The students will have both a written theory exam and a practical exam to pass in order to finish the Companion Animal Care II module.  And, as much as they are praying to pass, I’m praying to survive all the marking!  I keep trying to convince the students that it is just as much work being a lecturer as it is being a student, but they don’t believe me :)

The end of next month, I will also be returning home for my second furlough.  Barring unforeseen complications, I should be home for Thanksgiving with my family and will be in the US though mid-February.  This is my first time back in the US since my last furlough three years ago and I’m really looking forward to it.  Hopefully, I will have the chance to catch up with many of you while I’m home. 

It will also be wonderful to be involved with CVM’s Real Life Real Impact veterinary student conference again while I’m home in January.  The RLRI weekends are such wonderful time to pour into young Christian vet students and share in their excitement and passion for God and for veterinary medicine.  It dovetails so well with my ministry here as well!

In our student Bible study here in Mafikeng, we have been studying though the book 1 Timothy.  Paul does such a wonderful job in that book of encouraging and training the young Timothy in his faith and in his leadership role in the local church.  It has been an encouragement to me as well to never underestimate believers based on their youth, but rather encourage spiritual maturity regardless of physical maturity. Both with the students here and with the vet students at RLRI, walking beside them to help them grow in spiritual maturity and sharing their Faith is as much a blessing to me as it is to them. 

While home on furlough, my plan is to travel quite a bit around the US to catch up on my continuing education requirements, as well as meet with many of my supporters and friends.  Please keep an eye on my Facebook page for updates on my schedule, as I would love to catch up with as many of you as possible while I’m in there.  If I’m going to be in your area and you have time to meet up, please let me know!

I am also happy to share with groups about my ministry here in South Africa or on other topics.  If you would be interested in having me speak at your church, Bible study, fellowship group, or other event, please let me know so we can make arrangements. 

The easiest way to reach me is by email, Facebook, or WhatsApp (contact details below). 

Thank you for your continued support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment