Thursday, December 9, 2021

Dec 2021 - Furlough Plans

Merry Christmas!  This is definitely my favorite time of the year, and I am blessed to be able to spend it at home in WA with my family.  You can pray that we will have a bit of snow while I’m home.  There is nothing better than sitting with a cup of cocoa and a good book while watching the snow fall. 

Back in Mafikeng, it was regularly in the 90’s when I left in late November.  I spent a good amount of my time in my one airconditioned room taking care of marking and finalizing the end of term reporting.  The last two weeks before I left were very hectic with a final test, written exam, end of term assignment, and the practical exam for the 106 students.

We also finished up our study of 1 & 2 Timothy and had an end of the ear braai with 19 of our Bible study students.   Next year we are excited to restart our Acts 29 witnessing/evangelism program with the students in addition to continuing the Bible study and house church.  It will be such a blessing to go out with the Acts 29 students again as we witness to others on campus.

In the meantime, my plans for the next few months in the US are filling out.  If you would like to meet for coffee or a meal while I’m in your area please let me know!

Dec 4-7 San Francisco/Sacramento

Dec 7-9 San Diego

Dec 10-11 Nevada

Dec 11-13 Colorado

Dec 15-30 in WA

Jan 2-7 Alaska

Jan 14-16 Real Life Real Impact CVM conference in Yakama WA

Jan 16-21 Orlando, VMX Conference

Jan 22-23 Atlanta

Jan 23-26 North Carolina

Jan 26-28 Minneapolis

Jan 29-Feb 1 Michigan

Please keep my travels in your prayers since weather and covid issues could easily derail my plans at any time.  Also, please pray that schedules will work out for me to meet up with those along my path.

Once again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  I pray that this month will be a blessed time for you with friends and family close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment